In order to resolve day to day academic problems of the students, mentors are appointed for a batch of 20 students, and they will counsel the respective students once in a week, to solve the problems come across during their course of study. This is a continuous process till the end of academic career of the student
The objectives of the practice followed by the Institute are :
- • To monitor the students regularity & discipline
- • To enable the parents to know about the performance & regularity of their wards
- • Improvement of teacher-student relationship
- • Counselling students for solving their problems and provide confidence to improve their quality of life
- 1. The teacher takes students attendance in every class during the first five minutes and after the class enters the list of absentees in the Academic Activity Register (AAR) and absentees information will be posted to head of the department as well as to the parents every day.
- 2. If a student is absent for more than five days continuously then HOD calls the parents of a student, enquires the reason and advises them to take care of their ward.
- 3. Even after informing student’s parents, HOD forwards the details of a student to the Director for further action.
- 4. Every section has two mentors and each mentor will get 30 students.
- 5. The Mentors prepare the monthly attendance of every student for each section and send the information to the parents of defaulters through proper channel.
- 6. The Mentors meet the students associated with them once in a every week. A separate mentoring and counselling hour is maintained for each class as part of their time table and the respective faculty meets the students in the said hour.
- 7. The Parents/Guardians of poor attendee/performance students are called to meet the mentors and corrective and preventive measures are implemented for further improvement.
- 8. Each mentor maintains the entire student Information, which is examined by the HOD and others concerned when necessary.
- 9. Periodic meetings are conducted by the Director with HODs to review the punctuality and regularity of the students.
- 10. The class interaction committee meetings are being conducted twice in a semester for every class to know and to solve their problems.
- 11. Every student participates in the events conducted in the college or other colleges with the prior permission of the concerned HOD.
- 12. Disciplinary Committee of the college promptly curbs the indiscipline in the campus.
- 13. Anti-Ragging Committee monitors the fresher’s by frequently visiting the sensitive areas within the campus and outside the campus.
- 14. Additional duty is assigned to the faculty members to monitor the fresher’s from being affected by any sort of ragging in and around the campus
Outcomes of the system :
- • The attendance percentage of the students has increased to a greater extent
- • The number of detainment of students has decreased consistently
- • In course of direct communication between mentor and the student there was a good improvement in the teacher-student relationship
- • The above effected in attaining a better academic performance
ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE
|S.No.||Name||Antragging Committee / Squad||Designation||Contact|
|1.||Dr. Virendra Pratap Singh||Committee – Head||Dean Academic||9411821298|
|2.||Dr. Atul Yadav||Committee – Co-ordinator||HOD – Applied Science||9058678999|
|3.||Mr. Rashid Ali||Committee – Member||Inspector (Partapur PS)||9457023391|
|4.||Mr. Shashank Rana||Committee – Member||Asst Prof – MBA||9012101121|
|5.||Ms. Kanchan Dhiman||Committee – Member||Asst Prof – Mechanical||9634366317|
|6.||Mr. Bhargav||Committee – Member||Reporter – Dainik Jagran||9837040104|
|7.||Mr. Sanjeev Kumar||Committee – Member||Student Guardian||9927055541|
|8.||Mr. Mayank Chandra||Squad – Coordinator||Asst Prof – Civil Engineering||9473542507|
|9.||Mr. Mahesh Kumar||Squad – Member||Hostel Warden – Boys||9758517433|
|10.||Ms. Divya Tyagi||Squad – Member||Asst Prof – Comp. Sci.||9756717060|
|11.||Ms. Aditi||Squad – Member||Student M.B.A II yr||9927132292|
|12.||Mr. Kulanshu||Squad – Member||Student B.Tech IV yr (ME)||9719008319|
Student can contact Chairperson of Anti Ragging Committee
Helpline Mobile No. 9927033490
In cast of emergency the students / parents in distress owing to ragging may use
National Anti Ragging Helpline 1800-180-5522 (Toll Free)